We spend 90% of our time inside buildings, working, sleeping, eating or relaxing. That is why we place the user at the heart of what we do. And when we hear our customers say that they're happy in our properties every day, we see it as a concrete proof of the excellence that we strive for.
The reasons for our commitment
Society is changing, mindsets and ways are changing, in cities more than anywhere. We are always listening to our urban clients. This is how we are able to keep a step ahead of their expectations and provide them with the services they need to live, work and study. We devote our relationship brand YouFirst to them. We take their wellbeing into account right from the design stage all the way to their occupancy, to ensure optimal thermal, visual, auditory and olfactory comfort. And because our office buildings are designed for collaborative work and professional development, our clients have all the features that will attract and retain talent.
- Make our relational brand, YouFirst, the standard-setter in high added-value services for occupants, offering them an experience that is above all human, and always seamless.
- Ensure that all our buildings in development carry the "WELL" label, which establishes the main criteria to take into consideration so as to contribute to improving the wellbeing of employees.
- Reach the target of 75% of buildings contributing to wellbeing, more than a standard building.
55 Amsterdam, well-being at the forefront
55 Amsterdam is a building of 12,300 m², situated in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It was designed to welcome a business that makes the quality of life of its employees its number one priority. Built by the architects Naud & Poux, it was the first building in France to obtain the WELL renovation label. The spaces lend themselves to meetings and interactions. They favor natural light and include several green spaces. The acoustics and the water and air quality are top priorities.
Our contribution to the wellbeing of occupants is reflected in specific initiatives and practical actions. What we are doing and how well we do it, are a measure of our commitment.
Our key actions
We bring an upscale range of services to your office buildings: concierge, fitness room, car parks, showers, company restaurant, etc. As proof of this, in 2018, 74% of our delivered office buildings were awarded the top score by VIBEO.
- Common areas extended to create spaces where people can socialize, in offices and student accommodation.
- Development of electric mobility: 21 of our office buildings now offer Electric Vehicle Charging Stations; 22 buildings have secure bike rooms.
- The design of our head office in Paris has been entirely revamped to focus on our employees' wellbeing and performance with, for example, the addition of CO2 sensors for optimal ventilation, and daylight-sensitive adaptive lighting. Their productivity is now more than 7% higher (in 2018) than in a standard building.
Our 4 CSR pillars
We make a daily commitment to protect people, the planet, and the environment. Wellbeing is one of the 4 pillars of our CSR policy.
We are reducing our greenhouse gas emissions and aiming for carbon neutrality by 2050.
A market that enables the smart reuse of materials, and energy savings, to construct and manage our buildings.
Because our buildings are places for living, we also respect local animal and plant habitats.
Let’s go a step further
2018 Registration Document
What we do for biodiversity, our key figures and how they have changed over time, are detailed in our 2018 Registration Document.
Our European think tank's survey of user expectations
Gecina and five listed office real estate companies decided in the second half of 2018 to take an innovative approach, the focus group method. This enabled them to discuss their vision for the offices of tomorrow with users. A first in the office real estate sector in Europe.